Work began in December, 2015 on the construction of a new 32,000 square foot, state-of-the-art television station including two studios, a newsroom, and support spaces on an existing site. The existing station will remain operational during construction of the new building. Upon occupancy of the new facility, demolition of the existing building and new site-work will occur as phase 2. Anticipated completion of the project is November, 2016.
Construction began in November, 2015, on this 13,000 square foot, one-story retail space in Maple Bluff. A fine-dining restaurant is planned to be the anchor tenant. The project has an anticipated cost of $1.9 million.
Upon approval from the FDA for Cologuard, a noninvasive colorectal cancer screening test, Exact Sciences is moving quickly to expand its facilities to keep pace with production and organizational growth. This project consists of a new headquarters building and renovations to existing science facilities at the University Research Park. Renovation work is ongoing while the headquarters building is in planning.
Ovation 309 is a mixed-use development with 248 apartment residences and 23,000 square feet of ground- and 2nd-level commercial/retail space. The upscale apartment units feature floor to ceiling windows and hard surface flooring.
Amenities also include a private rooftop lounge and bar, outdoor terraces with sun deck, a fitness center, massage studios /saunas, locker rooms, a pet terrace walking area, heated indoor parking, and a heated entry sidewalk.
This 14-story, $75 million property opened in June, 2015.
Willy Street Co-op rejuvenated its store on its namesake Williamson Street by completely renovating the existing structure. The 18,000 square foot store now has a new produce section, a full-service meat counter, a self-serve hot food bar, and an expansive cheese area. Other features include an expanded courtyard, a pizza oven, an enlarged Community Room, and 1,000 square feet of storage for dry goods and refrigerated and frozen foods.
Renovations were completed while the co-op maintained its daily operations. The fully renovated store held its grand reopening in September, 2014. Total project cost was $4 million.
For this project, six buildings located one block from the Wisconsin State Capitol were united as a single parcel. Three buildings were torn down and rebuilt, and three buildings were renovated. Two of the renovated buildings (Castle & Doyle Building, Schubert building) are on the National Register of Historic Places. Care was taken to preserve many of the architectural features of these historic buildings, such as the stained glass windows on the Schubert building and the terra cotta tiles on the Castle & Doyle Building.
The new structure houses retail establishments on the 1st floor fronting State Street and a fine dining restaurant at the opposite elevation. The 2nd through 4th floors accommodate commercial leases. The total project size was 51,500 square feet, with a total project cost of $11 million. It was completed in spring 2014.
All proceeds from rentals are donated by the property owners to the Overture Center for the Arts.
The Inns of Aurora, located in the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York, is a group of properties listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Aurora Foundation, a partnership between Wells College and the Pleasant T. Rowland Foundation, began a renovation of the properties in 2001 to restore them to their former grandeur and make them appealing once again for lodging, dining, and special events.
Huffman Facility Development completed the $6 million renovation of this 10-bedroom lake home in May, 2014. The newly renovated 1900s-era estate now provides additional guest rooms for the Inns of Aurora. Updates to the building included the installation of a geothermal heating system. A new boat house was also built to enhance the property.
This $1 million renovation included an expansion of the kitchen, dining, and outdoor patio areas of this popular eating place. The construction schedule was compressed to minimize downtime – the restaurant was closed for just two months. It reopened for business in February, 2015.
This 3-story brick structure, built in 1910, originally served as a dormitory for Miss Goldsmith’s School for Girls. After years of vacancy, the building had fallen into a state of extreme disrepair. The building was converted to a 17-room boutique hotel for the Inns of Aurora. A geothermal heating system provides operational cost savings and comfort. Cost of the renovation project was $4.5 million, and the project was completed in August, 2015.
This former flower and ice cream shop, built in 1920, was renovated to include a bakery production kitchen and retail sales outlet. It features a soda shop-style counter and a lakeside deck. Dorie’s Bakery reopened for business in October, 2013.
The Principal Financial Group, owner of the Towers Apartments located at the corner of N. Frances Street and State Street, retained Huffman Facility Development to represent them in this design-build project. Total project cost was $6 million. Phase I construction was on a fast-track schedule which began January, 2010, and was completed mid-August, 2010. As a result of the construction, occupancy improved from 40% to 100%. Phase II—converting an underutilized office floor to residential units—was accomplished in 2011.
Huffman Facility Development provided Owner Project Management services to the Willy Street Co-op for the creation of its second retail store in Middleton, Wisconsin. The 20,000 square foot store has a 9,500 square foot sales floor, a Community Room for public meeting space, a full loading dock, and outdoor café seating. The new store opened in November, 2010. Total project cost for this tenant build-out was $3.45 million.
Wildwood Family Clinic’s second facility is a 12,600 square foot family practice medical building located in downtown Cottage Grove, Wisconsin. The single-story building houses the operations for six family practice physicians and a physical therapy unit. Huffman Facility Development was hired to represent the clinic stakeholders in this design-build project. The total clinic cost was $3.4 million. Construction started in August, 2009, and was completed in June, 2010.
The Rowland Reading Foundation engaged Huffman Facility Development in the redevelopment of a 1970s era, 20,000 square foot office building. Construction on this $3 million project began in January, 2008, and was completed in December, 2008.
The Rifken Group renovated an historic warehouse into offices and retail space. The building was built in 1898 for McCormick Harvesting Machine Company and later served as a dealership for International Harvester from 1902 to 1954. The $3.5 million project utilized historic preservation tax credits and the building is now on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. Huffman Facility Development was retained in October, 2007, to assist the developer in the construction phase of the project. The project was completed in the summer of 2008.
© 2016 Huffman Facility Development, Inc.